Friday, January 05, 2007

Identities: Progression

I was a little confused by the introduction to Trent Media. Although our breif was to come up with a new identity, it seemed that they didn't want us to change it. Fair enough, they had market tested all of their existing logos for everything covered under Trent Media respectively and had recieved positive feedback but I felt that this not only contradicted the breif but it seriously undermined where I wanted to take my project. It was almost as if they were going to wait until the end of the project and pinch ideas or even complete designs from the students. Although some would find this a perfect opportunity to showcase their talent, I do not. Why would anybody allow their designs to be openly plagurised by the university itself! Hmm...

No comments: