Thursday, February 01, 2007

Identities: The Big Wheel



I've just come out of a lecture given by a woman responsible for 'The Big Wheel' campaign. It was a real insight. I've been interested in the campaign since I first heard about it after moving to Nottingham in 2004 and feel its an issue that seriously needs attention. That said, the guys in charge of this one have really done themselves justice. They have become the fore-runners for this type of campaign not only in the UK but in the rest of Europe. They are cited in the government's own policies about how to deal with the transport/environmental issues of a city. Further more, I've actually met the guy that comes up with the designs for this and to now meet the brains behind it, it is definately something I could see myself trying to tackle within my own proffessional career.

Check these links for more insight:
The Big Wheel Campaign
Department For Transport

No comments: