Thursday, August 09, 2007

Back To Multimedia

After a hectic holiday, I'm back to prepare for the start of term. I've seen many thing over the course of my "summer" that could in some way relate to the work I undertake during the second and third years. Most memorably 'The Bristol Meth' (Mr. Hopkinson's_Computer) and the installations of 'Semi Conductor'.

Bristol Meth's 'Cutting Up My Friends' (above) is an interactive Flash based piece that allows the user to set up rhythms of movement and sound between various pieces of edited film. Check it out.

I came across a Semi Conductor installation by the name of 'Earth Moves' in early August (below). It shows the world as we have never seen it before. Videos are animated to naturally recorded, everyday sounds and the world fluxes around theses sounds with a mixture of still photography and 3D animation. Very clever.

No comments: