Wednesday, November 08, 2006

JavaScript (continued)

I'm getting more confident at the old web scripting malarchy. I'm beginning to understand it as a complete language rather than the odd 'word' or 'phrase'. I can quickly flip through found script and edit out an unneccessary components. The best example would be the slide.com photo-sliders.
When the site creates the script, it adds on loads of different links and buttons (forms), all unrelated to the actual function of the slider. Like links back to their site or to related online editors. I removed 60% of the script before I was happy with the aesthetics of the slider on my page. Nice and simple.
I've created a complete 'myspace' layout from scratch over the last few weeks and its nearly ready to add to the Ambush Myspace page. Its not as complicated as my mind had made it out. Its very regimented and structured and thats the way I like to work. No room for surprises, black or white. The script either works or it doesn't. Bob on.

No comments: